Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In Loving Memory

IN LOVING MEMORY OF REESE AND RYAN

Reese and Ball, her favorite toy...

Reese and Ryan playing Tug 'O War

The Crew

Reese was rescued by me when she was 7 yrs old, she had terrible hip dysplasia, hurting so bad, she had a terrible limp, I took her in had the ball removed from her socket and voila'...no more limp, she swam in the pond and was the boss of all the other rescues...just this summer, she was playing, running, swimming, etc. Brought her in for her rabies shot at 10 yrs old...:-(

The day after her rabies shot, she quit eating and within 2 weeks she was gone...lost all control of her legs, back, etc...all the tests wouldn't reveal what it was, the drug company paid for all the tests, thankfully, is that an admission of guilt??? They couldn't prove that it was or wasn't the drug, or wouldn't tell...
She was very close to my heart and I miss her terribly...

Ryan was rescued with his mom at about 8 yrs old. His mom went onto find another forever home...Ryan stayed with me because no one wanted a dog with "hare feet". He was deformed and walking on his pasterns...he had a great zest for life and loved to tease all the other dogs...he was a big clown...he was put to sleep this last summer also, when his big body could no longer hold up his legs, he was a real sweet guy...loved everyone...I had him for about 2 1/2 wonderful years...
I miss you all, you have given me such joy in your being...thanks...

1 comment:

  1. A touching tribute to two good dogs. I am glad they had a happy life with you.

    ReplyDelete